Each day, we battle with ourselves, with expectations and with the world. We worry our lives away, seeking for certainty and forgetting what is in the present. When we think too much we paralyze ourselves and stop living. We push ourselves to hard to meet up with what others want and start living by other’s definition. Routines make us robotic and lifeless. We end up burdened and depressed. Worry robs you of your life.
- Do these three things: 1. Ask yourself: “What is the worst that can possibly happen?” 2. Prepare to accept it if you have to. 3. Then calmly try to improve on the worst.
- Whenever you worry, remind yourself that if you do my best and stay true to yourself there will be nothing left to worry about. You need to realize that power comes from things that you can change. Whenever we let our fears win we become slaves to it.
- Surround yourself with people who help you up.The company you keep influences your life. Choose your friends wisely.
- Meditate and take time to think. It is not easy to free your mind from all these. It is a struggle at first but when you learn to let go and fully jump into life, things become easier and lighter. Each day goes by like summer breeze.
- Focus on what you can change. Whenever we feel helpless, it becomes easier to just stay on beaten. When you start changing things you have control over, you realize that you are not a victim of circumstances.
- Focus on what is going right, if you focus on what is wrong you will never see the most that is going right.. Negativity is poison and nothing good ever comes out from it.
- Keep smiling and keep fighting. Changing simple physical gestures can make you feel better. None of us will ever live without going through struggles but it does not matter as long as you keep on standing up and striving for the best.
- Do not sweat the small stuff. There are bigger things in life to focus about, do not let petty things steal your time.
- Be good to yourself. Learn to forgive yourself of shortcomings and mistakes and grow from it.
- When we have accepted the worst, we have nothing more to lose but everything to gain.
Do not chose the easy way. Sometimes it is tempting to let problems suck the life out of us, to let problems win over us but we were given will for a reason. I lost a lot of personal battles too and I for one am not immune from worrying. Roadblocks are there not to stop you but to test you on how much belief you have on yourself. When life knocks you out, you sometimes end up sleeping on the floor and you let losing fester in. There were times where I questioned my choices and regret doing things. Just remind yourself that you are born a champion.
Do not worry and fear kill you. Take risks. Break boundaries. Travel to unknown places. Defy norms. Redefine things. Do not accept everything as they are. Fall in love.
Life is for living. Dying is much certain and easier. Living is for the brave.
Get more tips by reading How To Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.
What is keeping you from living? What are you willing to change? Let me know in the comments below.